Mission Statement and Core Beliefs
The American International School of Muscat (TAISM) pursues academic excellence for students in the international community through an American-based education that develops ethical, responsible, and globally conscious life-long learners.
The following core beliefs are the foundation of TAISMâ€™s educational program:
- The purpose of education is to enable all students to develop their intellectual, emotional, social, and physical potential to the fullest.
- A liberal arts education is best suited to providing students with an understanding of humankindâ€™s intellectual traditions and accomplishments, strengthening their powers of thought, judgment, and aesthetic appreciation, and preparing them for responsible citizenship.
- All students are capable of achieving academic success. Therefore, within the framework of the schoolâ€™s standards, teachers adapt their educational practices to the needs of students.
- A close relationship among students, parents, faculty, and administrators enhances the educational process.
- TAISMâ€™s location in the Sultanate of Oman offers unique and invaluable learning opportunities for all members of the school community.